Work For The Airhogs
Director of Business Development – Texas AirHogs
· Full-time position
· Opportunity to join a passionate, growing team
· $20,000 to $50,000 annual compensation
The Texas AirHogs are a professional minor league baseball team located in Grand Prairie, Texas. Founded in 2008 and under new ownership since late 2016, the AirHogs are in the early stages of rebuilding the franchise back to one with sold out crowds on summer nights. We provide affordable family friendly fun and are a great avenue for local businesses to tell their stories to potential customers.
We are an employee-friendly company that strives to remain focused while working in a fun and casual environment. Our team is passionate about bringing entertainment to the greater DFW Metroplex and working together to reach our goals.
We are expanding our team and looking for a talented Director of Business Development. This position will be responsible for:
- Networking and creating strong relationships within the community in order to grow our client base
- Prospecting and researching new leads
- Making daily sales calls
- Negotiations and closing sales
Success in this position will be determined by the following behaviors:
· Sales-minded, Loves building relationships
· Self-starter; Ability to work with minimal oversight
· 100% organized, structured and disciplined
· Strong communication skills, active listener and problem solver
· Maintains a positive attitude at all time
· Entrepreneurial at heart; Does not fear failure
· Extremely disciplined and goal-oriented
This is a full-time position that requires at least 1 year of related experience. Compensation is structured as salary plus commission and will be in the range of $20,000 to $50,000 per year.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and joining our team, then we would encourage you to apply for this position.
We take our responsibility seriously to only hire the best-fit individuals onto our team, so you will find our hiring process to be extensive and thorough. We look forward to learning more about you as you go through our hiring process.
Texas AirHogs Professional Baseball Internships
The Texas AirHogs are a professional minor league baseball team located in Grand Prairie, Tx. Founded in 2008 and under new ownership since late 2016, the AirHogs are in the early stages of rebuilding the franchise back to one with sold out crowds on summer nights. We provide affordable family fun and are a great avenue for local businesses to tell their stories to potential customers.
We are an employee-friendly company that strives to remain focused while working in a fun and casual environment. Our team is passionate about bringing entertainment to the greater DFW metroplex and working together to reach our goals.
We are looking for interns in the following departments:
1. Create graphics and design layouts for print ads, flyers, stadium signage, and more.
2. Assist with copy writing materials for print and digital marketing materials
3. Work within the operations department to successfully collaborate and execute goals.
6. Perform other duties assigned by the Director of Marketing
1. Background in Graphic Arts & Design
2. Comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
3. Experience in photography & video editing a plus.
4. Self-motivated and hardworking
5. Flexibility in handling a variety of assignments, ability to meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
6. Ability to work and communicate well with others
7. Ability to multi-task and follow instructions from multiple supervisors
8. Charismatic, Team Player - must work well in team setting.
9. Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
1. Generate and facilitate sales of: group outings, fundraisers, picnics, and birthday parties.
2. Solicitation and maintenance of accounts mainly focusing on outgoing phone calls, but also including, face-to-face interaction, mailings, customer service and incoming telephone sales
3. Work closely with the sales team to enhance sales opportunities
4. Generate group sales ideas to help increase ticket sales
6. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Previous sales or customer service experience strongly desired
2. Self-motivated and hardworking
3. Strong computer skills
4. Ability to work and communicate well with others
5. Ability to multi-task and follow instructions from multiple supervisors
6. Charismatic, Team Player - must work well in team setting.
Job Description: The Community Relations Internship will give the individual the opportunity to learn how to successfully promote and market the Texas AirHogs in a positive, community-focused light. The individual must be versatile, friendly, positive, motivated and excited to represent the AirHogs out in the community. This person will be willing to help out within other departments when necessary and is not afraid to speak/perform in front of clients, sponsors and crowds, and most of all have FUN!
Non-Game Day Duties:
* Assist Community Relations Director with all appearances ranging from the reading program, speaking engagements, mascot and player appearances, while also donning the mascot suit.
* Fulfill all donations made to outside organizations and maintain accurate database of all donations
* Follow up regularly with charities that the AirHogs have partnered to keep an on-going relationship
* Assist Community Relations Director with daily operations of department
* Assist in coordination and execution of Street Team events to promote ballpark events