Texas AirHogs Professional Baseball Internships
The Texas AirHogs are a professional minor league baseball team located in Grand Prairie, Tx. Founded in 2008 and under new ownership since late 2016, the AirHogs are in the early stages of rebuilding the franchise back to one with sold out crowds on summer nights. We provide affordable family fun and are a great avenue for local businesses to tell their stories to potential customers.
We are an employee-friendly company that strives to remain focused while working in a fun and casual environment. Our team is passionate about bringing entertainment to the greater DFW metroplex and working together to reach our goals.
2020 AirHogs Internship
OBJECTIVE: Provide an environment for our exceptional partner interns to learn as much as possible about the business of professional sports from the front of house perspective. Interns will gain invaluable knowledge, experience, and industry contacts that they will be able to take with them for the rest of their career. Our ultimate goal is to develop talented college students into young professionals by giving them a great experience with the Texas AirHogs.
ABOUT US: The Texas AirHogs, to the surprise of some, are not actually in the baseball business. We are, rather, in the entertainment business. Specifically, we strive to make people happy. The Hogs are committed to providing a superior fan experience in a wholesome, family-friendly, fun-filled environment with a memorable, affordable day at the ballpark. Our ownership and management has a proven record of entrepreneurial success in sports entertainment.
ABOUT YOU: The Texas AirHogs are seeking students at accredited universities with an existing program for college credit summer semester placement. Ideal candidates are looking to begin a career in sports entertainment / marketing. You must thrive working in a fast-paced, energetic environment and be willing to work extra, non-traditional hours when needed. You must also have strong organizational skills, be able to multi-task, possess a positive work ethic, and strive for excellence at all times. Candidates must be annoyingly personable, friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing individuals who enjoy interacting with large numbers of new people on a constant basis.
ORIENTATION: May 2020 (as classes / exams allow)
- You will be trained in all aspects of promotions and stadium operations
- You will create a team dynamic with your fellow seasonal employees and interns
PRE-GAME: 2 hours prior to game time
- Attend the mandatory pre-game promotional meeting, and receive your game assignment
- Prepare, pre-position, and set up that specific day’s slate of promotions
- Welcome our fans to our world-class ballpark, AirHogs Stadium, as gates open
- Execute pre-game promotions
IN-GAME: 9 innings, variable time
- Ensure the safety, well-being, and entertainment of fans chosen as contestants
- Execute all between-inning promotions in a timely manner
- Assist in stadium operations as required (tarp, staffing stadium locations, etc.)
POST-GAME: up to 1 hour after game
- Bid farewell to our fans as they leave the ballpark
- Assist with any post-game promotions (fireworks, run the bases, skills competition, etc.)
- Disassembly and storage of all promotions equipment
- Attend the mandatory post-game promotional meeting
NON-GAME DAYS: Varies, but irregular hours possible
- Ops / Stadium / Promotions tasks as needed
- Assist with mascot / community appearances as needed
EXPECTATIONS: All times
- Professionalism – you are the face of the Texas AirHogs; when you’re in uniform, you’re in character
- Commitment – attend all 50+ home games (exceptions for vital life events granted on a discretionary basis) at AirHogs Stadium, volunteer for extra work, learn as much as possible, meet as many industry contacts as you can
- Learning – further your education, ask questions, decide whether sports entertainment is the correct career path for you
- Joy – have fun, make new friends, meet potential new colleagues, and do not take yourself too seriously
END DATE: September 7, 2019 (or earlier as coursework / classes demand)
- Each intern’s exit schedule will vary, however, with potential playoff games, the season may continue until mid-September – preference will be given to students able to commit to the entire season / post-season
- Interns are not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship, and no housing will be provided
- Please email a resume to: Justin Terry –Assistant General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nate Gutierrez – General Manager – email@example.com
For more information, contact: